A Family Removals Firm
Advanced Removals & Storage was established over 30 years ago. The founder has been joined by his two sons, so that today it is most definitely a family removals firm.
We operate a fleet of thirty vehicles of all sizes giving us the flexibility for moves great and small, and have also branched out into office moves where we have established a presence with corporate clients and local authorities.
Operating initially from rented premises, growth was such that these soon became insufficient and we decided a move should be made to a purpose built facility which should be wholly owned. The net result of this policy was that a brand new warehouse which could be used for storage and ancillary services was opened in December 2005 on Gloucester Business Park and this became the group headquarters.
As a Service provider to the community, in meeting the needs of our clients, the Company recognises that it has an impact on the environment. We have a responsibility as a Company to take proper care of the environment. This forms an essential part of how we run our removals service.
We care about the environment and are committed to continuous improvements to reduce, recycle and create sustainable solutions.
We reduce the impact on the environment by:
- Purchasing latest fuel technology and ensure regular maintenance of our fleet vehicles to help minimise air emissions.
- Ensure the safe handling and responsible disposal of residual waste oils, tyres and batteries.
- Avoid where possible the use of packing materials that may cause harm to the environment.
- Offer our clients recycled packing cartons for free, including a free collection service when they have unpacked and finished with these cartons.
- Use of cleaned newsprint as packing paper.
- Continually recycle waste paper and cardboard.
- Returning toner cartridges to suppliers.
- Conserve energy wherever possible by turning off appliances when not in use.
- Ensure all employees know and understand the policy and what is expected of them.
- Conducting the Company business in a manner that is environmentally responsible having due regard to changing community standards and expectations and to comply with relevant legislation, regulations and government guidelines.