Introducing your self-storage container
Each container internal dimensions are Height 7’2” Depth 7’ Width 5’2”. They are industry standard containers the equivalent of say a box room.
Guidelines for Packing your container
- Distribute the weight evenly in your container, not all on one side.
- Boxes should be filled completely and lids closed.
- Protect your items with supplied moving blankets or use paper or bubble pack.
- Place heavy items on the bottom, lightweight items on the top.
- Heavy items should be packed in small boxes for easier lifting. Lightweight items can go in larger boxes.
- Pack all your items as tight as possible using blankets provided. Avoid leaving open space where items can shift.
Tables and Chairs: Disassemble if possible, wrapping legs with paper pads to avoid scratching. Place any hardware in a plastic bag and tape to the underside of the table. Wrap the table top and place against the side of the container, not on the bottom.
Upholstered items: Couches can be packed on their feet, with a second couch inverted on top of the other for protection. A single couch can be placed on end, using blankets provided to protect the arm rests. Paper suite covers are available for purchase.
Mattresses: Place mattresses in a protective bag, and place along the side of the container. Mattress covers are available to purchase.
Rugs: After vacuuming rugs, roll up, tie with a rope. Do not fold.
Lamps: Place small bases in dresser drawers with paper or cloth padding, and large ones in boxes with wadded-up paper in the extra space. Shades should be placed in individual boxes with wadded-up paper in the empty spaces.
Beds: Tie bed rails together and use mattress covers for mattresses.
Bicycles and Tools: Clean and cover with a paper pad or moving blankets to protect your other goods from being torn. Small tools can be placed in a box together. Long handled tools should be taped together and placed in bin bag.
Clothing: Boxes are best for storing clothing. You can place shoes in bags and folded items in the bottom. Small garment items can be left in dresser drawers.
Mirrors and Pictures: Wrap mirrors and pictures in paper and bubble wrap and pack in a box. Do not lay mirror boxes flat. If possible, place between mattresses, or place on the side of your container.
Appliances: Clean thoroughly before storing. Drain all water and leave doors slightly ajar to prevent mildew. Tape down all moving parts.
Books and Papers: Pack in small boxes for easy lifting.
What will fit into a Self-Storage Container?
To assist you with your estimation, we have listed below an example of the approximate quantity of furniture you can place in one container. For example:
- Washing Machine
- Double Bed and Mattress
- Single Bed and mattress
- 10 -15 Cartons (tea chest size)
- Single Bed and mattress
- Double Wardrobe
- Single Wardrobe (you can use the space inside a wardrobe if not dismantled)